The Society of Wine Educators was founded in 1974. We are a non-profit educational organization (501c3) whose mission is to advance wine education through professional development and certification.
In many professions, a successful career is marked by an appropriate education verified by a credible certification program that is recognized both by the public and one’s peers.
* These credentials are a valuable and widely respected mark of a wine professional’s commitment to personal career development and ultimately to the wine industry as a whole.
* Individuals that receive professional certification raise the standard of proficiency in the wine arena and assist the industry by elevating the knowledge base of everyone with whom they come in contact.
* Professional certification encourages an industry to build upon itself by fostering an environment where individuals can pursue excellence and achieve subject mastery.
Our education programs confer certifications not certificates or diplomas--and we encourage our members to use their post-nominals as part of their professional signatures.
The Society’s goal is to foster and promote the professional education and development of the individual in particular, and the professional education and development of the wine industry as a whole.
What city is Home?
What you want to get from participating in FohBohWine?
To interact with other wine professionals and aficionados. Wine is meant for sharing. Not just waht's in the bottle, but the entire experience.
Comment Wall (3 comments)
You need to be a member of FohBohWine - The Wine Community to add comments!
Some very important rules are highlighted there. Here is a short excerpt:
* Keep all arguments courteous and avoid personal attacks.
* Forum moderators reserve the right to remove any post at their discretion. If the abuse is habitual we can also disable or ban any user from the network at our discretion.
It is rare that people are banned, but it does happen occasionally, mostly for "spammy activities" such as announcing dating sites on others' comment pages.
Our company is opening channels into China for exporting wine. We are able to tap an unique market for distribution but also delving into the regular market. High volume is mandatory, but we have an order for a smaller exploratory shipment. If you have a slate of bottles that you think would work well, please contact me if your wineries want to take part. Looking for low end and high end bottles. State-side or abroad. I would be happy to answer any questions via…